Bonjour

To Be Completed.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit

Also Can Be Stalked At

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Wind

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

When the weather forecast said it was going to be very windy on wednesday I didn't think it would mean 100 km/h winds. I think it was close to a gale. Or maybe it really was one? Hmm..

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Victoria

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
VICTORIAN SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for Widespread Damaging Winds
For people in all Victorian districts.
Issued at 5:15 pm EDT on Wednesday 2 April 2008

A strong cold front over central Victoria will reach the far east tonight. An
intense low to the south of Mt Gambier will move southeastwards and deepen over
the next 6-12 hours then move rapidly southeastwards overnight.

Northerly winds averaging 70 to 100 km/h over central and eastern regions with
local gusts to 150 km/hr. Maximum gusts around 150 km/h are likely over Alpine
regions.
West to southwest wind squalls to 100km/h are likely following the front.

In the interests of community safety the SES suggests some simple precautions:
Secure any loose objects in the vicinity of your house, beware of fallen
powerlines and, if you are boating, then return to shore as soon as possible.
Apparently 2 people died because of the wind. And in uni, a tree fell and a building was evacuated. Quite intense huh? I think if Heng (my cousin) or Sarah Q was here they'd be blown away. :P Joking!!

Sad, wanted to upload a video but somehow I couldn't. Oh well.

1 people who cared:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Luckily I'm not in Melbourne.. =D